Search engine optimization, SEO is a set/ package of measures for raising the positions of the site in results of delivery of search engines on the certain users’ queries. Usually, the higher position of the site in search results, the more interested visitors pass it from the search engines/systems. In analyzing the effectiveness of search engine optimization it is estimated the target visitor’s value and the time of getting the site to the specified positions and also the value of the conversion of the site, which attracts targeted visitors.
The Main Areas of Work
Search engine takes into account the following parameters of the site to calculate its relevance (the degree of compliance to the query):
- The keyword density (the complex algorithms of modern search engines can make the semantic text analysis to filter out search engine spam, in which the keyword appears too often).
- The citation index site, depending on the number and credibility of web resources that link to this site, many search engines do not take into account cross-references (to each other). Often it is also important to have links with sites of similar subjects that of the optimized site.
Accordingly, all of the factors that influence the position of the site in search engine results can be divided into external and internal. Work on optimization involves working with internal factors (they are under control of the owner of the website) – alignment and layout of pages in accordance with the selected query, improving the quality and size of the text on the site, stylistic design of the text format (headings, bold type), improving structure and navigation, the use of internal links, as well as external factors.
External factors are divided into static and dynamic.
Static external factors determine the relevance of a site on the basis of its citation by external web resources, as well as their authoritativeness regardless the text citing.
Dynamic external factors determine the relevance of a site on the basis of its citation by external Web resources and their authoritativeness according to the text citation.
An external search engine optimization:
- Join (registration/check-in) in separate directories. It can be done manually or with the help of special resources.
- Registration in search engines catalogues such as Yandex catalogue, Rambler Top 100, directory DMOZ (AOL), catalogue Aporta , catalogue Mail.ru, directory Yahoo and others.
- Links exchange. There are several ways to share – straight, circular, single-sided (buying links).
- Placing articles.
- Social networks.
- Press releases.
- The creation and maintenance of blogs.
The person carrying out the work on website optimization, called the optimizer.
There are various SEO-services that enable and facilitate the work of optimizers give website owners the opportunity to promote them on their own.
Factors lowering rankings include:
- non-unique content (articles, news, etc.);
- technology that search engines consider as spam;
- excessive number of links;