All the users of Windows 8 must most definitely be aware of all the changes Microsoft has rolled out to their new operating system Windows 8 as compared to all the other previous Operating systems. Previous users of Windows 7 are most versed in detecting this changes from the new Metro Start Screen, to the Windows 8 applications, to the new Windows Switcher and the Charm bar to mention but a few.
Previously users used keyboard shortcuts to navigate through open windows one such shortcut was Alt + Tab and Windows Key + Tab. In Windows 8 all this features have been replaced by Windows Switcher is the primary open window navigator between the two user interfaces i.e. The Metro Start Screen and the Desktop. In this tutorial I will discuss how to create shortcuts for Windows Switcher to enable flipping between opened windows by a simple click.
Procedure of creating shortcut for Windows Switcher. Below are the steps to be followed in doing this.
- Navigate to the Desktop and right click on an empty space of the desktop then click on New then slide to Shortcut.
- A window titled Create Shortcut will appear.
- Copy and paste the entries below into the location area and click on Next button to continue.
- Then type the name of the shortcut as Windows Switcher and pressFinish button.
- Right click on the newly created shortcut and select Properties.
- Click on the Shortcut part in the entries of this window and select Change icon.
- A new small window will appear titled Change icon.
- Under the Look for icons in this file type explore.exe highlight the explorer icon and click on Ok.
- Click on Apply then Ok. to save the changes.
That’s it you have successfully created Windows Switcher shortcut. You can pin it on taskbar for ease accessing it at any time when you want to navigate through all the opened windows. Though the Alt + Tab still works in Windows 8, using the Shortcut of Windows is more easy and faster and only requires the pressing of the mouse. In conclusion, Windows 8 has so many exciting features stay tuned to this articles to get the latest on tweaking this new system to march your exact needs. Thank you for reading my article.
John S Lam is a content writer at Test4Prep. Its provide you 100% LX0-102 exams. Let’s take benefit of 640-760 Exams material efficiently and get guaranteed success. Check out free demo of all certifications Exam.