I was happily upgrading my WordPress platform to the latest version 4.7.2 yesterday. After my site automatically updated to WordPress 4.7.2, I was not able to access my dashboard anymore. I seem to be logged in but it redirects me to http://abc.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php?_wp_http_referer=%2Fwp-admin%2F and all I saw only there is a blank page. I can’t even access my plugins or themes so I can’t try to deactivate any of them. But the main website works perfectly fine.
After doing some researches I found there must be any plugin which is causing the mis-Configuration of WordPress latest version files. I remember W3 Total Cache is one of those plugins which is always recommended to everyone for faster loading of their site.
Though, at times, due to many compatibility issues or non-compatibility with other plugins, W3 Total Cache can act weird. And you can feel so frustrated. In these instances, it’s important to uninstall W3 total cache to make sure it’s not creating issues.
This is very important to understand & also important to uninstall it correctly, or you will have even more issues in the future. Earlier I have learned how to install the W3 Total Cache plugin to make your website loading faster but it’s sometimes very risky too.
Though sometimes, W3 Total Cache interacts strangely with another current plugin, and you might get weird problems or 404 errors or your entire blog might be redirected to Install.php. There is an possible solution to this problem is to uninstall or remove W3 Total Cache from your File Manager.
Login to your Cpanel or FTP from available FTP application. Then do the Following Steps carefully:
- At First, delete all cache and deactivate the W3 Total Cache plugin.
- Then Delete the W3 Total Cache plugin from the Wp-content/plugins folder.
- Remove this line from Wp-config.php file – (define(‘WP_CACHE’, true) )
- Delete advanced-cache.php, db.php, wp-total-cache-config.php, and delete the entire w3tc folder from the Wp-content folder.
- Check the .htaccess file; if you see any code added by W3 Total Cache, remove it.
I am sure this will help you resolve your problem.